Frequently Asked Questions about 1st IO Command

Do I need a sponsor?

The Commander appoints Sponsors for both married and single Soldiers and their families. Sponsors will assist Soldiers and their families during the relocation process. The goal of the Sponsor is to minimize the delays and problems encountered during reassignment. All newly assigned Soldiers will receive a sponsor letter and or packet. If you have not received your sponsor letter, please contact S1 Personnel immediately to obtain your sponsor's name and contact information. You are expected to call your sponsor prior to signing in to the command as a mandatory action.

Where do I report for work?

1st IO Command Headquarters is located on the Fort Belvoir Reservation located at 8825 Beulah Street, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060-5246. It is located in the INSCOM's Nolan building. New Civilian employees will normally receive reporting instructions from the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) with their final offer of employment.

What required documents do I need to bring with me?

Military personnel must have the following documents and identification in hand prior to signing in to the command:

  • Evaluation Form
  • Orders
  • Leave Form
  • Common Access Card (CAC)
  • Civilian personnel must have clearances, CAC and Leave form.

Contractors must have clearances and CAC. All contractors will report to the Brigade S1 for in-processing instructions. Clearances will be processed by their company's Security Managers prior to reporting for work.

How do I get my badge?

Military and current Civilian personnel will receive guidance from their sponsor or the BDE S1 in regards to obtaining their badge. Badging is done exclusively by the INSCOM Special Security Office.

New Federal employees should report to the INSCOM Nolan Building, come to the lobby, pick up the phone and call S1 Civilian Personnel to get in-processed.

Where can my spouse/partner look for employment?

Department of the Army jobs are listed on CPOL. is a good source for federal government jobs. Several other Websites offer a comprehensive listing of civilian jobs in the Maryland-Washington DC-Virginia metropolitan area.

Where can I get information on the Exceptional Family Member Program in this area?

Visit the Ft Belvoir Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) web page for more information.

What is a Family Readiness Group?

The Family Readiness Group of 1st IO Command exists to inform and care for the Family Members of our Soldiers and DA Civilians. Our volunteers inform, build morale, and provide care for our Family Members throughout the deployment cycle. Comprehensive information is available on the Army Family Readiness (FRG) Website. This site includes information about which groups can develop their own FRG pages.

How do I join the Family Readiness Group for 1st IO Command?

Contact our Family Readiness Support Assistant at (703) 805-5683.

What can I do as a Volunteer?

Just about anything! Maybe the best way to volunteer is to tell us what you're good at, or what you're passionate about doing, and we'll try to find a fit for you. After all, if you're doing something you enjoy, it's hardly work.